Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Lecherous Squirrel Burger Covered in Rat Turds!!!!!!!

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic
quinnmcsmart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 pm Post subject: Lecherous Squirrel Burger Covered in Rat Turds!!!!!!! Reply with quote

So, I'm driving along (du da de da do) with my roommates and another friend. We stop at a stop sign with a police car on my right about to turn left. I pull through the intersection (I have the right of way) and am promptly pulled over with flashing lights. The police officer, who is very rude by the way, asserts that I was not wearing my seatbelt ( I WAS) and tries to convince me that I should just take the ticket. I, of course, refuse profusely. He then proceeds to return to his vehicle and run the plates on the vehicle I am driving. The car isn't mine, it's owned by one of my roommate who was also in the vehicle with me. It turns out through a series of mistakes (NONE of which are mine) that the vehicle was accidently left unregistered for approxiamately a week. The police officer smiles and proceeds to seize the car, issue ME a 580 dollar ticket, and leave us stranded on the side of the road several miles away from anywhere we could reasonably take shelter from THE INSANE THUNDERSTORM. Oh, I will fight that ticket and if need be, I'll bring the whole gorram system crashing down on this guy's head.

tyler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The fine should be in your friends name as it's not your car.
I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt in the city with my semi.
I told the cop I know you're just doing your job but I don't think I'll get whiplash getting rear ended by a neon. Infact officer there isn't even a seat belt warning light in my semi truck guess they forgot to put one in 220 dollars
quinnmcsmart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

bulllllllllcrappppppppppppp
tyler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

was it registerd when you were pulled over?
Lada & Korean Parts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll be like here,you are the one in charge of the vehicle (driving) it's your job to make sure it's registered/roadworthy before you turn the key......

how desperate they are for money here now,banned from talking on mobiles,but peeps have been find for pressing a button on the phone to answer,even though call is hands free.........
and a lady got a fine,she was parked on side of road with car switched off,cops pull up,but because keys were still in ignition,she was deemed still in charge of the car,so got ticket for talking on mobile ($300 & 3 points off licence)

the #@%$wit new south wales highway patrol used to play games like that....know of number of truckies who got booked for over log book hours,even though they were in bunk asleep (some were woken with these cockheads banging on the door) but to have radio or phone on,they needed keys in ignition,deemed as being in charge......... Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Shocked

www.ladaparts.com andrew@ladaparts.com
quinnmcsmart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't registered but the owner of the vehicle thought that her father had registered it and thus, i also believed that it was registered.
lalunette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

quinnmcsmart wrote:
It wasn't registered but the owner of the vehicle thought that her father had registered it and thus, i also believed that it was registered.

I once drove a full month with an expired driver's license... entirely my fault too... lucky I was not stopped by the cops or involved in a fender bender.

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.

Last edited by lalunette on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
quinnmcsmart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's lucky my licence wasn't expired or I would be boned in whole new ways of sucktacular
crb247

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cars should be subject to the same safety standards and regulations us truckers have to follow... Lets see the citizenry bitch about how their rights and freedoms are being violated... even though owning and driving a vehicle is not a right.
'96 Samara purple-ish (grimace) *sold pending pickup*
Patrick_91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This is precisely why I refuse to drive any ones car. One minute your driving along and the next your being pulled over by the cops only to find out the insurance is expired on your buddies car, leaving you with a nice fat ticket in the process.

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that is where they sh!**y ideas come from." Member #89

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: