Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Rally of the Tall Pines Nov 26th 2011

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
derekvincent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 am Post subject: Rally of the Tall Pines Nov 26th 2011 Reply with quote

Ok guys time for a little shameless self promotion... For all of those in Ontario the Rally of Tall Pines is running in two weeks (November 26th) in the Bancroft area... and while I can not promise a bunch of Lada's I can say there will be at least one... As well as the standard fair of Subaru's and Mitsubishi's entered here is a sample of some other interesting cars... Sabaru Justy, Datsun 280Z, Volvo 242, Peugeot 205, '77 Toyota Corolla, and a bunch of new the Ford Fiesta R2's...

We already have 57 entries with some of the top Canadian and US competitors so it should be a good day... A list of the competitors and cars can be found here http://www.tallpinesrally.com/compete/entrylist as well the spectator points http://www.tallpinesrally.com/spectate/spectator_points and schedule for the day is here http://www.tallpinesrally.com/spectate/schedule.

If anyone decides to come please stop by and see us in the service area to check out the car and say Hi.

Derek Vincent
RallySputnik

zomby woof

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've volunteered in the past, but haven't been for a few years. I'll be there to spectate this year. I'll try to stop by your pit.
derekvincent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to give this one a bump... any in the neighborhood come on out.... the Rally Lada is running really well right now and we are excited... Also look like it is going to be a great day... ~10 C in bancroft....

Cheers,

D.
zomby woof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there. What happened to you? I thought I heard you went off the road?
derekvincent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We did not go off but we did DNF with a mechanical on A7... about 4 km from end of Mayo Lake (28km stage) we just took a bad kick and damaged the read subframe... so the left tire was pointing out and up at an awkward angle... We also took about a 4" chunk of the rim with it... I think we may have lost the right rear suspension earlier (some video's and picture have it sagging more than usual) so the impact had no deading...

We thought it was a flat tire so drove it out as quick is we could... jumped out at the end of the stage and the tire was still fine but the it did not look good... if you look watch here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYYNm3AGIaI about 22 minute mark you can here the hit and see the kick.... after that the backend keeps wanting to slide out to the left....

Thanks for coming out... we had a number if issue during the day... either some bad fuel or our pump is starting to go caused some grief... plus I think we crushed the exhaust... I do not think we are going to make it Perce Neige but Lanark for sure...

Derek.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: