Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Russian 4x4

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
ash1315

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 pm† †Post subject: Russian 4x4 Reply with quote

Ok, what am i missing? I have just ordered some parts from this site for my 93, I recieved what I think is a confirmation email; all in German. Been waiting 2 days for a response in english so I can figure out how to pay... is this the norm?

jsharp4684

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:07 am† †Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pay via bank transfer (common for Europe) or you can pay using paypal. Their paypal info is under the 'Payment Information' menu on the left side of the page.

I just ordered a ton of parts as well.
ash1315

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:36 am† †Post subject: russian 4x4 Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for the response, however I couldnt google translate the original email. I have since translated it and have found out they dont have my parts in stock .. hence no follow up. Any other suppliers who have inner and outer sills for sale? what about this Gabor person I see people referring to, anybody have his contact info?
GadgetBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:08 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite what others say inner and outer sills are not available as official factory parts.

Anything you find will be aftermarket and not sanctioned by VAZ/Lada.

The standard fix in Europe is replace the whole sill area with box section.
http://www.ladaniva.co.uk
Ben

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabor's e-mail
gmelegh@gmail.com
ash1315

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gadget boy, I was unaware of that. well then, has anyone some pictures of the unsanctioned ones other than whats on the russian 4x4 website? anyone ordered and put them on? I knew this thing would be a money pit; ( i am a sucker for punishment as I also have a281 fiat Brava coupe or 131, a 77 saab 99 ems and a 78 99 turbo) no regrets though, it keeps things interesting!
hark000

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:15 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find my Niva a money pit, I actually find it less expensive than the typical GM or fords here. I drive a Volvo full time, so the Niva is leaps and bounds cheaper than that to fix. The thing I like about the Niva is everything is repairable & simple.

For example, the radiator for my Volvo (aftermarket) is 285$(Nissens)
even my cost was about 200$. I can get a rad for the Niva for half that.

unfortunately Saab cars are pigs, everything for them seems way overpriced. (here anyway) (my dad has one). Every time I take it out something breaks. so I guess me and Saab don't get along.
ash1315

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:25 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ben! Gabor has sent me pictures and everything looks correct. Hark000 - your right about the saabs, parts are crazy expensive.

my 77 & 78 wouldnt be on the road if it werent for a stash of parts cars I have access to locally and the internet of course! I suppose thats the price to pay we pay to drive something a bit different.
iceman_ca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

Saab parts arenít bad, just order everything to rebuild a C900 for under 800. and i mean everything. Order from Eeuroparts. Good pricing, free delivery in the States.

eg. Lower rad hose $30.39 - most expensive option

BTW I have owned 3 Saabs, been the best cars I have ever owned. I have 1993 C900 CV presently, and my daughter has a 2001 93. Both stone cold reliable.

Still love the old Ladas thou
hark000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm† †Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish my dad was as lucky as you.
Clutch cable seized, the shift linkage is worn out, the throttle cable broke, it blew coolant hoses, OEM Saab speakers and one crapped out less than a year old & so much more... Just never ending problems. Its a shame because the car drives really well and has loads of power for the regular 2.3L and it only has 180 000 km... I've never had a car the that wore the shift linkage right out at 180 000km.

Post new topic†††Reply to topic †††Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: