Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

My Lada 2103

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
Lada Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 am Post subject: My Lada 2103 Reply with quote

Hi! I`m new in here but I`ve had a Lada since I was about 3 years old. I`m now 14 and the youngest Lada owner in the country Very Happy The first one I got was a Samara from 1986, it was one of the first to be sold here in Norway but it was wrecked about 2 years ago.
At the 8th of June 2013 me, my father and one of his mates went to a Place called Nannestad to buy me a new 2103. It had been in the forest for almost 10 years and looked shabby. We used about 2 1/2 hour to get it on the trailer since the brakes was sitting. I started it up and it worked fine. But when my father was to drive it out of the forest we had really big problems. Since the brakes was sitting he had to just put the pedal to the metal and hope for the best.
After an hour it just stopped since it was out of fuel. So we took of one of the brakecalliper andthen the brakes infront was out. And it was just sitting in the back. So we putted some gasoline in it and tried to start but it did`nt work. So we had to push it.
And when we came home it was actually not that hard to get it of the trailer since it worked to push it backwards.
We got in into the garden and I started to disassemble the brakes. I got some new parts and fitted them and then the brakes worked. Some weeks after I had done this bought my father a new battery to me at his job and we took it for a spin.
I have no plans to do something before the summer since I will get a new garage to fix it in. So it will stand in my grandmothers garage this winter Razz

Here it is before I washed it.

And here it is after I washed it Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AameN1x2svM
This is when we drove in the street. I`m in the passengerseat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwa9wOFKzzk
And this is another video Razz

lalunette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, she's looking good... and welcome to the forum !!

We look further to seeing more pictures.

Can you provide any details about the car, such as year, engine, etc. ??

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.
Lada Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s a 1981/1982 model. The engine is running very good but it needs some work, the same With the transmission. It`s a 5 speed manual, I think it is a 5speed since it was a taxi. It`s not that rusty but it crashed so the Paint has to be redone. And it has a TON of dents.
Lada Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve been taking some photos today. I need new headlights, since the old owner crushed them. So if anyone out there has four new lamps scream out. I dont need the ones from Bosch since I have a set of them. I want the old ones from Checkoslovakia.

I also need some new rills here since these is in plastic and I want them in metall.

The engine and the engineroom need some work to.

The first owner had some new seat covers when it was a taxi. The original is under.

It`s not that rusty but here it is. It`s on the left side.

I`ve also got the old spare wheel from my grandmas old 21011.

I need a new badge infront (need a red one not a black).

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: