Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Name that car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeLorean_4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Name that car Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

While looking up old Tauruses for sale, I saw a picture of a very interesting red car next to a 93' SHO. Does anyone know what it is? It looks very Fiat/Lada-like.

motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: vauxhaul Reply with quote

Smile the red car is a vauxhaul epic, later replaced by the envoy, then sold at buick dealers later as the Firenza. Gram test drove one in Calgary, 1972. I liked it, but she ended up getting an Acadian, pontiac. I think i was 8 or 9. Most trips were done in a volvo 122s, or a volvo 544. those were cool.... okay, remember i was only 8! Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GadgetBoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a Vauxhall Viva here in the UK.
http://www.ladaniva.co.uk
motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: yes, vauxhall, not vauxhaul Reply with quote

Sad me spell bad..... Sad Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeLorean_4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family has a Volvo 122 Smile

Thanks for the id
Dave7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a Vauxhall Viva. The badge engineered (only for Canada at Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealers) Envoy Epic has different tail lights. They have a 1057cc four cylinder motor. I used to own a '65 Envoy myself. They were the second best selling import behind the Beetle back in the day but very rare to see now.
bcbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad was a Vauxhall devotee from the six cylinder early fifties to the last reliable Vauxhall, the smaller four cylinder model, the Victor, a hard wearing good runner. Things went down hill from there with many name changes until Firenza, a cruel joke to those that bought one with instant problems and instant jokes.
motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: envoy....viva! Reply with quote

I am confused, all the darn badge engineered stuff we got in Canada... where does Envoy Epic fit in this Laughing ? Pontiac, Chevrolet or Buick? Correct answer....LADA Confused Wink
bcbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vauxhall, Opel and Holden are GMC corporations.
Dave7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: envoy....viva! Reply with quote

motorhomemikes wrote:
I am confused, all the darn badge engineered stuff we got in Canada... where does Envoy Epic fit in this Laughing ? Pontiac, Chevrolet or Buick? Correct answer....LADA Confused Wink

Quote:
The Canadian car market has always been dominated by U.S. makes, but that “special relationship” has also produced some curious efforts to maintain a sense of unique Canadian identity, and/or respond to the distinctive characteristics of our market. We had our Plodges (mixed styling of Dodge and Plymouth models); Beaumonts (sold at Pontiac dealerships with Chevrolet engines and Pontiac-style trim); Meteors; Mercury and Fargo trucks, etc.; as well as various European makes, including Vauxhall. In addition to selling its models under the Vauxhall brand, GM’s British subsidiary created the Canada-specific Envoy name: Vauxhalls were sold by Pontiac/Buick dealers, and Chevrolet/Oldsmobile dealers, so as not to be left out, received Envoy-badged versions like this Epic.

from : http://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-european/curbside-classic-1966-vauxhall-envoy-epic-an-epic-find-and-an-epic-beginning/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: