Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

HAG Side Mirrors on a Niva

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tsar Zhiguli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 pm Post subject: HAG Side Mirrors on a Niva Reply with quote

I was visiting Madman one fine day and told him of my cunning plan to install CIPA lighted "Euro Sport" mirrors on my Niva as I got them for peanuts (nine bucks a piece @ Princess Auto) but I noticed they weren't about to fit lest they be modified. Madman didn't have suggestions, but encouraged me to go ahead and try it.

Acutually I could fit the CIPA mirrors on without modification, but they'd be at a weird angle & my Niva would look "like a long-eared Dalek" as my friend & Dr. Who fan Gary pointed out. This is kind of self-defeating as I want my car to look cool (though we all know Lada products are inheirently so) and don't want to add to weirdness factor (though I have considered painting cool Soviet symbols and cyrillic lettering on it as well as mounting energy weapons, a nuclear reactor, FTL drive and deflector sheilds as well) [/i]and[i] avoid needless cutting or drilling my Niva's doors (sacrilege!). So I need to modify the way the CIPA mirrors fit to body of the car and therefore need to do a little more research about the side mirrors and I did pay Baxter's Temple of the Niva visit and noticed his page on Niva mirrors and there suggests the exported Niva has aftermarket side mirrors.

To better illustrate what I don't want to do, here is a link to a Niva with some ugly-angled side mirrors...

http://hooniverse.com/2011/11/08/used-car-review-2003-lada-niva-4x4/

The mirrors on my Niva are made HAG (who or whatever that is) and I can't seem to find any info on them. Does anyone know if they are a European aftermarket mirror, AutoVAZ OE part or a North American side mirror Lada Canada may have put it? Would anyone have any drawings or measurements of these HAG mirrors? If HAG is an aftermarket mirror, does anybody know if they are still around and knows how to contact them? Better yet, does anyone have some garbage ones they don't want (I don't want to destroy my HAG side mirrors yet as the reflective glass is still good and I may yet need them for the timebeing as the cops get very grumpy if you don't have any on your vehicle) that I can cut up, file away on & otherwise experiment with?

Thanks

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: