Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Lada Niva 1,7 i more power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebastian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Lada Niva 1,7 i more power Reply with quote

I have a new Lada Niva 1.7i , year 2012, euro 5.
The engine have 82HP and I need more power.
Can anyone give me some concrete solutions?
Copresor turbo kit or anything in a package complete power increase?

merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry I can't help you with the tech help, but I'm interested in buying and importing, like many other North Americans.

Can you help us out by telling us where you bought it and for how much, everything in?

Such information is greatly appreciated,

Thank you Smile
sebastian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: dyno chart Reply with quote

First I'll show you where to go and what is the truth of power and torque.
merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for that, honestly I have no idea what I'm looking at. I'll have to blow it up and read it carefully.
justincase

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Sebastian on what must be the newest Lada on the forum! I have a 2005 euro 3, and always looking for more power.

Some random ideas:

• 'chip tuning' troll the Russian sites, seems to be lots of people modifying the ECU on the multipoints to get a little more out of the engine.

• rebore the engine and replace parts to make the 1.7 into anything up to 2 liters (not a realistic solution for a brand new engine, but you asked Wink ) This would involve sourcing parts from Russia or Germany – let me know if you want some links.

• change the exhaust system. I simply cut off the back box and had a new, straight pipe welded on. If you do some research you can figure out the best pipe diameter, but if you get it wrong you can actually DECREASE your power. You will get a bit more response with stock pipe size and no second silencer, but will have to live with a louder car and a kind of constant 'burping' on deceleration under load.

will be interesting to see what you come up with.
merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap! It just clicked, that's a beautiful new Lada! Hold on to it good! I saw somewhere about the new 2013, and they're IMHO, ugly.

I wonder if anyone has installed a turbo or super charger What about throwing in a Hayabusa engine Twisted Evil
MrLahey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got two options more or less; spend a lot of time and some money or a lot of money and some time...

a) bore engine and replace camshaft, crankshaft, injectors and so on, You can realisticly reach 130 hp this way. Can't really see why this wouldn't be a valid option on a new enginge, you're just completing what the russians couldn't afford.. Wink

b) stick a FIAT 1,9 TD in it, quite easy with moderate engineering skills (or buy a adapter kit from e.g. ladaworld.com). The 1,9 Td ranges up to 190 bhp (the transmission will probably not cope with more than 160 though).

GL!
sebastian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have not got much here, but I have some new things to say.
We managed to prepare with the stroker kit for the 2.0L.
Still not mount it goes pretty well the original engine.
For economy I thought I mounted a LPG installation. It was a happy choice. The car goes well with LPG and won 3hp. http://s2.4tuning.ro/?mmid=6481a173ee528a4540
The secret is the dyno tuning of LPG installation.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.556364464383113.124115.175835892435974&type=3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: