Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Voskhod motorcycles

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
33rus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:13 pm Post subject: Voskhod motorcycles Reply with quote

Since in this part of our forum we talk about everything, I thought I'd mention Russian motorcycles. Not Urals, which are well-known, but Voskhods. Voskhod motorcycle was indeed my childhood dream. I don't know why exactly Voskhod, not a better Izh, for example, or a trendy Jawa. Voskhod 3M is what I wanted. Probably because a small town where I spent my childhood was close enough to ZID factory that produced those bikes, and thus, I saw them every day and dreamt of having one too. My uncle had several of them (not at the same time though!Smile) and I still remember that feeling when you are scared a little, but more than that you WANT to be seated just behind the gas tank and enjoy the engine sound that is coming from under where you seat, as you move along familiar unpaved roads... streets, actually... the town was very small. Now I own a Voskhod, bought it a month ago and enjoying it as much as I can. Maybe someone else here knows these bikes.

GadgetBoy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine mounts are just flimsy steel tabs welded to the frame - badly! You'll be riding along and one will crack and you'll not notice it. The extra strain on the others will make them crack/break in a random amount of time later. Your whole engine will then attempt to leap out of the frame, the chain will jump the rear sprocket, seize and you'll end up going down the road on your arse.

Check the engine mounts!
http://www.ladaniva.co.uk
33rus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

...there is a thousand issues with this one (just like with other USSR bikes), I agree, but the thing you pointed out is not one of them. It is all coming like that from the factory, no mounts are missing or misplaced or anything - that is for sure. Did you ride one btw?
GadgetBoy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

A Minsk which is pretty similar. They were both pre-war DKW copies.
http://www.ladaniva.co.uk
33rus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that one too:) It reminded me some Chinese moped (which rule the market here these days), fairly fast moped though.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: