Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

1985 Volga GAZ 24
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Parts/Cars For Sale/Wanted Ads
View previous topic :: View next topic
myxamop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: 1985 Volga GAZ 24 Reply with quote

33rus wrote:
So, whoever is interested in US-importable Volga - there you go!

Gotta say 33rus although no one bit at the chance to get this car, I'm sure your efforts are appreciated. Definitely keep up the awesomeness of trying to get cool cars to us North Americans. I certainly look forward to seeing what else you can find.

Misha

33rus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha, spasibo!
33rus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it yesterday, received new plates (could not keep Soviet ones you see on pics, unfortunately). We'll see what happens next - this car will be either sold, or taken to Canada with engine and transmission replaced (Ford or Toyota). Right now this car is really unusual and fun to drive. It is very unusual indeed. To start it is a science, to turn on and off signals, wipers, heater is quite an experience. High beam is turned on with left leg:) Everyone is fascinated with its spasicous interior, and I personally love the way the engine sounds when accelerating - it is so typical Volga! This one was for sure owned by a gymnast, a World champion - Yuri Korolev, and possibly (I'm digging the info right now) even by Nikolay Andrianov - an Olympic champion, a gymnast as well. Both of them are from Vladimir.
hark000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you replace the engine and transmission if it comes to Canada?
33rus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Convenience. Imagine trying to repair it, especially if it breaks down somewhere in Saskatchewan in the middle of nowhere during a cross-country trip (which I like to do time after time).
nosis_rocks@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was owned by the same people for 27 years?
33rus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm digging up the history of a car to find out who was the first owner. That was a gymnast, World champion, either Nikolay Andrianov or Yuri Korolev - both are from Vladimir and both were champions in gymnastics. After him there was one "greater family", i.e. relatives. That is confirmed by car's technical passport, which I saw on the day of purchase.
Any other questions - feel free to ask Smile
33rus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at my insurance papers, its been 3 months of owning the car. During that time lots of small to medium-size repairs have taken place to keep the car running. It is a lil hard to keep up with city traffic during the day (acceleration is an issue - this engine can do a lot more, and this is frustrating that it does not), so I prefer driving early mornings and evenings/weekends. I've decided not to ship it to Canada (btw, all Canadians and Canada sympathizers: Happy Canada day!Smile) but if anyone is willing to do it - the car runs and is up for sale, and it sells for peanutish 800 dollars (25,000 Rubles, as a local Russian ad goes). Based on Ekaterina's current venture with her Moskvich, shipping is 3,000 dollars (1,900 for container and the rest for fees, brokers, etc.). She might correct me.
aleksey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 pm Post subject: still for sale? Reply with quote

Is this car still for sale? I am very interested. Waiting on reply
33rus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleksey, I sent you a message:)
caliukr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:19 pm Post subject: Looking to buy Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I know this is an old topic, however I am wondering if anyone know of any GAZ24's for sale in the states or if that one discussed here is now offered for sale.

let me know!

Thanks!!
33rus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphacars in Boxboro, MA lowered their prices. A pristine 2410 is below $18K now.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Parts/Cars For Sale/Wanted Ads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: