Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

1990 Volga Gaz 24-10

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
Madboost35

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:33 pm Post subject: 1990 Volga Gaz 24-10 Reply with quote

Well i only have one picture of it. Currently in the process of getting the car over to United states but as of last week i do own it. I've ran into a few problems with bringing the car over here. Igor has been great help with pointing me in the right direction.

Its only got 25k kilometers on it, super fresh inside and out. Garage kept obviously its whole life. In this picture you can see its parked at my friends lot, its dirty as it was driven from owners garage to here trough moscow. The owner was a super cool guy, he was the second owner of the car. Funural director used to be a taxi driver bought this car from City of Vladimir for himself to remind him of where here came from. Having so many cars taking up space in the garage the wife wanted a new bmw and he dosent want it to sit outside so volga had to go. He sold me mint chrome Front grill and side mirrors he had from older volga 24. I also got the vynil brand new grill cover for winter. Car came with original MADE IN USSR tires but my friend refused to make the drive from moscow to st petersburg on those tires so the owner put new tires on it. I also got very lucky as this guy had really good connections in russia. He went and Registered this car to my name. I was able to get 20 day transport tags and the car will be driven to st petersburg under its own power on temp tags and temp insurance.
I plan on doing a few things to this as it will not stay original, i already bought a complete NEW ball joint, disk brake front axle from gaz 31105. It will come in the trunk of the car. I will most likely swap this with a 1uz vvti toyota v8, its a very popular swap in russia. For now i would like to just get the car register it and enjoy it as is this summer. I will hopefully have it mid March.
andrey

porschev812

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find-looks super nice from the pics Smile
Madboost35

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

THank YOu!!the car finally arrived to Baltimore monday night. I'm waiting for customs clearance. Not sure how long it takes but i was told it was about 2-3days usually. Then i get to send a tow truck to pick it up, was also a major pain in the *censored*.My family and me own a local auto repair business in MD and i have my preference on a Tow guy i've been using for 15 years. He refused to go to port. He gave me a number to guy in Baltimore, that confirmed that you need a "wick card" to enter the port. Basically like a clearance card where they run your back round and so forth. Cost 160 bucks and weeks to get. The tow company has this card and is allowed to enter the port to get the car. I had to get a "delivery order form" faxed from my US broker to tow company so they can legally take the car from the port. All in all its been an experience so far i wouldnt want to deal with again. I still yet to call my insurance company or get an US title for the car. Which i'm sure will be another fun experience on its own.
I will post pictures when the car arrives!
LadaLand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

your car looks great. we'll keep an eye out for more updates
Madboost35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

HEre are some pictures as promised. I got the car little over a month ago. What a headache! Thank you Igor once again for setting me up with the right people to get this done, without that it would of been hell. Anways i put about 1500 miles on the car already. It runs pretty good. I was reading Igors post about the volga he had/has and how it was a pain to get around town in because it was slow. I was kind of nervous to drive it on the highway, but i did not have such issue. The car is not fast,actually its pretty slow but it still runs fine on the highway. Probably better then most ladas. Cruising at 75 is no problem up and down hills. It does 160km/h topped out in 4th gear. If it had a 5 speed out of 3102 it probably do 180.
First arival, dirty notice the temp tags as the car made the drive from moscow to st.petersburg on its own without any issues.

first wash

all cleaned up
Now i will say this, i have respect for people that want to bring a soviet car over to the states and restore it back to original and just drive it. I say go for it, if that is your thing. It is not my thing, i've build many cars from drag race cars, off road trucks to show cars. I still own a few and this was another project of mine. This will not stay in factory like condition. Even though it gets out of its own way "somewhat" i personally cant enjoy 4 wheel drum brakes, leaf spring rear suspension and 95 hp 4 cyl engine in a 3000lbs 4 door car. The plan is to drive this for the rest of the season the way it is currently + some 15 inch chevy rallye wheels i got for it and white wall tires and then do complete overhaul over the winter. My plan is to put Chevy LS2 all aluminum 6.0 fuel injected v8 out of gto/corvette and 4l80e 4 speed auto, with custom 9 inch rear disk brakes all around and of course A/C.
Here is what ive done so far in short period of time ive had the car.
lowered no need to have a 4x4 like car on USA roads i'm not going to be offroading to Dacha or derevnia in this car hauling sacks of potatoes
Laughing

Sound sound deadening, front and rear speakers, along with black carpet instead of factory rubber floor, 400 watt amp to drive the speakers and of course radio. I ended up going with RETROSOUND its a pretty neat unit, looks sort of factory fits in a factory opening and has all of the todays options like bluetooth, mic for the hadsfree calling, aux inputs and ipod and android inputs.
OldFashion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a epic car, Lovely images. I remember my father had one but that was ages ago when I was young, really young.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: