Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

What if Ladas were still sold in Canada

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
33rus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 pm Post subject: What if Ladas were still sold in Canada Reply with quote

I was curious how much the old Lada price tag back in the day was in respect to the prices on everyday stuff, and figured out that Lada in 1980 was priced just as Nissan Micra or Hyundai Accent cost now. Roughly. But fairly correct. This means a brand new Lada sedan (this is where it gets hard to mix past and present, as the car is not produced any more) would have been priced like $8-9K Canadian now. Anyway, supposedly it is the case. How many of you would buy it for this much? Once again, it is a tough speculation that involves unrealistic variables, but I leave the question as is. Just imagine that a Lada sedan that is in like-new condition and it is sold for $8-9K (depending on the dealer options) Very Happy After all, there are countries where one would still find an obsolete technology vehicles still sold brand new. Modern retro kind of thing. In fact, Russia was such a country until 2012 (the last year when the last RWD Lada sedan was produced).

porschev812

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have wondered a little about what Ladas sold in Canada post-1998 would be like-I remember a thread on here once discussing that the 2110 was to be sold in Canada beginning in 1999,but lada pulled out of market-test cars in North
America were scrapped,one apparently surviving as a "yard jitney"for a few years at the junkyard it was taken to.
myxamop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the Xray or any of the current sedans would have a significant impact on the market, as they are just another boring wind tunnel shaped car. (in russian we call them car shaped like a used bar of soap, all angles and lines washed away).

However I think you would see a few 2107 or 05 s running around if they would be bellow the 10k$ as that is really cheap for a car. (just looked and the Civic starts at 17K$)
33rus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was thinking more like 2107 type of ladas. X-ray and the like are totally not ladas...
lalunette

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

1991 was the last year the 2104 was sold in Canada. I'm happy to have one.

I did see a few Samaras (built from 86 to 9Cool and one Sagona (built from 92 to 94) in my local junkyard but am under the impression those were not sold in Canada past 97 when the last Nivas were sold.

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.
zomby woof

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a newspaper article from the 80's that has prices on Lada and Skoda, I'll see if I can find it. I almost bought a Samara in the 90's to replace my Skoda. The Skoda dealer became a Lada dealer after Skoda pulled out of Canada. If I recall it was $5k for the Samara.

I bought a Rabbit diesel instead. I would certainly have been better off with the Lada. That Rabbit was the worst car I've ever owned.

I would likely be driving one now if they were available, but being cheap as I am, I would buy a used one and take advantage of the depreciation
33rus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely if you find something interesting - please scan and share with us.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: