Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Importing car from Japan

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
JamieConway88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 am Post subject: Importing car from Japan Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm new here and I need your help. Sorry in advance if this one is not related to our forum topic, but I really want to hear your opinions.
Have anyone imported a car from Japan before? I have a Japanese friend and he suggested me a platform trading cheap used cars (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-cars-for-sale). Their deals seem good and the importing procedure is not too complicated.
But I wonder a lot because shipping a car from Japan to US is not an easy way, regardless the customs and other things.

Dneprdude

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on the shipping within Japan, then to the company and how they charge fees/customs, etc. Then shipping to where in US... West coast would be cheapest. Not sure on West coast end how easy/difficult it is there. Fees in/out of customs. It really added up quickly. If they are cars that can be flipped for a big profit, than the fees are not as painful. Make phone calls to the agencies here. They are pretty helpful except for the EPA. Idiots. As my broker said "stupid people import stuff every day", it's not hard, just call and have ducks in a row. Have your buddy call on his end. I would be comfortable doing it again and maybe for a side gig, but the profit has to be there.

'74 VAZ 2103
'91 LuAZ 969M
JamieConway88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dneprdude wrote:
It all depends on the shipping within Japan, then to the company and how they charge fees/customs, etc. Then shipping to where in US... West coast would be cheapest. Not sure on West coast end how easy/difficult it is there. Fees in/out of customs. It really added up quickly. If they are cars that can be flipped for a big profit, than the fees are not as painful. Make phone calls to the agencies here. They are pretty helpful except for the EPA. Idiots. As my broker said "stupid people import stuff every day", it's not hard, just call and have ducks in a row. Have your buddy call on his end. I would be comfortable doing it again and maybe for a side gig, but the profit has to be there.

Thanks for your help. I called to the website and their staff advised me carefully. The import procedure doesn't as complicated as I thought. I'm considering between some models and waiting for their checking in stock.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: