Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

My 1980 Lada 2101

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
MistahNash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:40 am Post subject: My 1980 Lada 2101 Reply with quote

As far as I know its the only one in Michigan. Only has 53000k and came with a bunch of neat stuff from Hungary where it was imported from. Do have the original rims and hubcaps. Also has a 5 speed swap.

And no that is not a Girly Magazine, just a Magazine that happens to have a pretty lady in a Bikini on the cover Razz

porschev812

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

cool-looks to be in very good condition,even has an authentic Russian(or east bloc) radio Smile Check the distributor oil wick to be sure it has been oiled.Got any plans for the 2101 beyond just keeping in nice condition?Tell about the background cars too!
MistahNash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be sure to check the distributor, as for the cars in the background.

The brown one is a 1948 Packard, 288cui Straight 8

The other car you can see the back off is a 1953 Packard Clipper Coupe that we put a 472 cui Cadillac v8 into.

The Body is a 1946 Ford Coupe frame off restoration with a 302cui v8.

Also an antique horse drawn carriage back there but you cant see it.
MistahNash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

And its a pretty much rust free car, one very small ding in the hood that has a spot of surface rust and one bubble behind the driver side front wheel.
porschev812

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Central Europe and Scandinavia do seem to have quite a few old Ladas in nice low/no rust condition-Lada I had found locally(!) was badly rusted in the rockers with some rust in the front floorpan and doors.I have never owned a car from the 1950s or earlier,but did almost buy a 1952 chevy coupe once and a 1939 Buick coupe:lower-end"3 holer"model with the small 248 straight 8 instead of the "big"320 cube 8 the upper models had Smile
MistahNash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1948 packard is a runner and driver but someone put 12 volt ground wires on it and there too small for the 6 volt system. Will usually start but barely. Runs and drives good though. Only real issues are the over drive not working and the interior being pretty rough. The 53 runs and drives also but its a long way away from being road worthy. Same with the 46 obviously.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: