Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

1980 Lada 2101 Engine Missfire

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada?
View previous topic :: View next topic
MistahNash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:23 am Post subject: 1980 Lada 2101 Engine Missfire Reply with quote

Hey, my 2101 misfires every now and then while at idle or with no load on the engine. While driving it runs like a top. Any ideas? Though maybe is was carb but It made no difference with more or less fuel. Plugs are pretty new but I checked them just in case and they look fine. Poked around in the distributor abit and didnt notice anything wrong. Car came with a electronic ignition conversion and I though about installing it but noticed it looked like it was installed then removed.

Hesitant to mess with it too much because it drives so nice.

porschev812

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the distributor bushing for excess side play ? Also has timing chain lash been checked? Great to hear it drives nice!
MistahNash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

porschev812 wrote:
have you checked the distributor bushing for excess side play ? Also has timing chain lash been checked? Great to hear it drives nice!

I will have to check those, thanks for the response.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: