Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mokren Niva

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:45 am Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

USA bound in about one year, '93 Niva:

Stocking up on spares before I head back home, removing the propane system since it doesn't comply with the requirements of "Stock" but taking the pieces with me! Cool

Had it for almost three years, and have replaced or rebuilt pretty much all of the running gear, interior is the final step.

porschev812

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! The propane system was a dealer-installed option in Canada-at least around the early and mid 1980s.
Mokren Niva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that, mine came with an after market Lovato system so I will miss paying roughly half the price for a fill up when I yank it though I have no idea of current US Propane prices. I suppose I should contact Hank Hill!
Mokren Niva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:31 pm Post subject: Tantalizing Prospect Reply with quote

Off Topic but there are some very interesting prospects out here, it took me seven months to find mine since so many were Shade Tree Mechanic Specials with poor repairs and welds if you need 25+ years old.

This one is my current favorite: https://www.mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?act=4&adv=21594319843800082&slink=h8hlet I have nothing to do with it but there is another in Germany at Mobile.de that is way rattier (Is that a word?) at maybe four times the price.
porschev812

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

those cabrios were avalible in Canada too-member on here had one,1991.The Canadian version had a brush guard and stick-on "splash"graphics along with the same BWA wheels as the one in the link.Some rare Canadian options on the sedans included automatic trans(GM TH180,same automatic as used on chevy chevette) and dealer-installed air con. Was watching trains in Bulgaria once and noticed it looked a lot like South Dakota-grain elevators were a little different though Smile
Mokren Niva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea where they hide all of their grain elevators, as much wheat as is grown here the elevators are far and few but on the bright side you don't hear of massive explosions either...

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: