Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic
lalunette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 pm Post subject: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... Reply with quote

Bought this today from Patrick_91...

A real beauty, in very nice shape...

Everything was checked and put right when Patrick's parents got him the sled last year but, since he's not into skidooing... I offered to take it off his hands.

I was quickly able to find an owner's manual online, in French and English !!

1972 Bombardier Olympique

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.

Last edited by lalunette on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

LukeHooper1982

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 94 arctic cat ext580 twin

wanna tear it up? Smile
Patrick_91

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup shes a beaut,that thing has a couple of little mods to make it a one of a kind! Luke,that's a 399cc Bombardier,it can smoke anything in the 300-440cc class but is no match for a 580cc like yours (dads Panther 500 beats it out in speed,off the line we were evenly matched Twisted Evil ) You should have seen the look on Richards face when he was 'test' driving it on the grass,like a kid in a candy shop Laughing.

PS,Richard you got that for a good price,I should of made you pay book value Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :

PPS,Did you take that first pic on Marquette's gravel road?

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that is where they sh!**y ideas come from." Member #89
lalunette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick_91 wrote:
You should have seen the look on Richards face when he was 'test' driving it on the grass,like a kid in a candy shop Laughing.

What can I say... I like things that go fast. Twisted Evil

Patrick_91 wrote:

PPS,Did you take that first pic on Marquette's gravel road?

Yes, I wanted to check on that silly donut spare I put on before I left your place.

BTW, I checked the regular tire once I got home and it looks fine. I filled it with my compressor and... no leaks... not even from that nick you found.

I put it back on the van and I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe there's a REALLY SLOW leak. Rolling Eyes

lalunette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the time to tinker a little more on the Oly...

I thought I would upsize the tool box attached to the rear, as well as set the rear lights a little higher. I found a nifty plastic and chrome toolbox at Canuck Tire and went with that.

As I was toying with the rear lights, I ended up breaking one. Embarassed

So, off to Princess Auto. Razz I found a couple LED lights I could mount directly to the backrest frame.

Everything works and the LEDs are real bright. So... all I have left to do is make the connections more permanent (shrink tubing, etc.), zip tie the cables and replace the seat.

Here's a peak at what it looks like right now.

Ya, I know, I need to peel off the Mastercraft sticker.

Patrick_91

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Where has the seat gone to? Looks real funny without it Laughing Laughing .

EDIT: I forgot to tell you Richard,I was having a problem with the headlight,when you turn it on sometimes it will spark a bit in the headlight area,and sometime the light wont come on most of the time (say about 80%) its trouble free,I didn't have time to check what the problem was but I suspect it has something to do with the wiring to the light.

"Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that is where they sh!**y ideas come from." Member #89
lalunette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick_91 wrote:
Where has the seat gone to? Looks real funny without it Laughing Laughing .

At the time of the picture the seat was leaning against the workbench. The wiring for the rear light runs under the seat so I had to remove it to access the wire.

Patrick_91 wrote:
EDIT: I forgot to tell you Richard,I was having a problem with the headlight,when you turn it on sometimes it will spark a bit in the headlight area,and sometime the light wont come on most of the time (say about 80%) its trouble free,I didn't have time to check what the problem was but I suspect it has something to do with the wiring to the light.

No worries Patrick, I found and fixed the problem quite easily. I noticed that the cable preventing the engine cowling from falling too far forward also serves as the ground for the front light. So, wanting to improve things, I removed the cable (it was corroded anyhow) and installed a small chain, as well as an independent grounding wire, in its place. Everything now works great.

Also, the LEDs are grounded to the frame so there is no chance of intermittent operation due to a bad ground.

Cheers !!

lalunette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, all done !!

On Saturday pm I parked the Oly in the yeard, under a snowmobile cover. It will have to wait there until January.

I should be back on my feet by then and able to go snowmobiling !!!

Patrick_91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

lalunette wrote:
OK, all done !!

On Saturday pm I parked the Oly in the yeard, under a snowmobile cover. It will have to wait there until January.

I should be back on my feet by then and able to go snowmobiling !!!

Make sure to keep the track lifted if its on grass,If not your going to get track rot (moisture from the grass slowly rots the rubber track) and once that happens sourcing a new/used track is a very hard task and more often than not the price for one is $500+. The snowmobile mechanic I went to said that vintage snowmobiles that get TR,just get put out for pasture (he has several he uses for parts). Just a friendly heads up bud!

tyler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want more ski doos like that I know of a guy near regina that has around 7 or 8 he wanted to get rid of them all.

I had a safari 377 it was a blast but I get really sick from 2 stroke smell so
I sold it my next one will be a 4 stroke
tyler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and forgot we have a really good place for older parts here in saskatoon http://www.recreationsupply.ca/2010/2010-11_Tracks.pdf
thats just a listing for tracks
lalunette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick_91 wrote:

Make sure to keep the track lifted if its on grass,If not your going to get track rot (moisture from the grass slowly rots the rubber track) and once that happens sourcing a new/used track is a very hard task and more often than not the price for one is $500+.

Wow, thx for that advice.

I will raise the back of the Oly to make sure the track is off the ground.

Cheers !!

Patrick_91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem buddy Very Happy . Don't be afraid to flip the ski-doo on its side every once in awhile to check the condition of the track. Last I checked (Feb.09) The track still looked new Very Happy. When it goes to your cottage is it going to be stored indoors in the summer? (you don't have to lift the track in the winter BTW)

lalunette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick_91 wrote:
No problem buddy Very Happy . Don't be afraid to flip the ski-doo on its side every once in awhile to check the condition of the track. Last I checked (Feb.09) The track still looked new Very Happy. When it goes to your cottage is it going to be stored indoors in the summer? (you don't have to lift the track in the winter BTW)

OK, Oly has been elevated. It's amazing what you can do with a couple of old milk crates. Shocked

As for the condition of the track, you are right, it still looks new.

We are building a garage at the cottage this summer and the Oly, as well as our outboard, will be stored inside.

Cheers !!!

Patrick_91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

lalunette wrote:
Patrick_91 wrote:

OK, Oly has been elevated. It's amazing what you can do with a couple of old milk crates. Shocked

As for the condition of the track, you are right, it still looks new.

We are building a garage at the cottage this summer and the Oly, as well as our outboard, will be stored inside.

Cheers !!!

Well the original owner (you are now the 3rd) Said that he reckoned that the Oly had less than 5,000 Kms on it (it wasn't used very much) and the Ski-doo mechanic seemed to agree that it only had around 5000-8000kms on it. Witch would explain the lovely looking track Very Happy.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: