Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Whatever happened to Dacias in Canada?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic
33rus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew one green Dacia from late 70's I believe, sitting in front of apartment building in Vancouver, BC's West End. I'm sure that 2 years since I last saw it, it is still there:)

motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:45 pm Post subject: Dacia and ARO 4x4 Reply with quote

there used to be a Dacia dealer in Forest Lawn, Calgary, Alberta, also one in Edmonton.. The one in Calgary also sold ARO 4x4 trucks. The last Dacia I saw is on a farm west of Nanton, it is off the main highway.. The last ARO I saw was at the wreckers $ one just off Deerfoot Tr, south of Calfrobe bridge. It had a ford ranger v6 stuffed in it.. It got shredded. The Dacia is still there.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: Dacia and ARO 4x4 Reply with quote

motorhomemikes wrote:
there used to be a Dacia dealer in Forest Lawn, Calgary, Alberta, also one in Edmonton.. The one in Calgary also sold ARO 4x4 trucks. The last Dacia I saw is on a farm west of Nanton, it is off the main highway.. The last ARO I saw was at the wreckers $ one just off Deerfoot Tr, south of Calfrobe bridge. It had a ford ranger v6 stuffed in it.. It got shredded. The Dacia is still there.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
The ARO should be addressed here as a piece of Canadian motoring history, someone else from the Calgary area surely remembers these, common colors were navy blue, orange and grey, they came in traditional jeep style and pickup versions. I think they are still made in Brazil, and are (were) sold through a dealer in Texas.... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm Post subject: more dacia stuff.... Reply with quote

see you tube....."petrolheads hd: dacia 1300 black beauty" and "dacia history.wmv"
motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm Post subject: odd sighting of the day Reply with quote

the weathers been mild up here, saw an orange VW Thing driving on highway 2, no the top wasn't down..... haven't seen one of these in ages. Sorry, totally unrelated to Dacia, but just as rare! Embarassed Shocked
dacia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Dacia and ARO 4x4 Reply with quote

motorhomemikes wrote:
there used to be a Dacia dealer in Forest Lawn, Calgary, Alberta, also one in Edmonton.. The one in Calgary also sold ARO 4x4 trucks. The last Dacia I saw is on a farm west of Nanton, it is off the main highway..

Could you please provide more details/directions how to get to that Dacia ? I m really interested into it.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: