Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Questions about Russia
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic
porschev812

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel cars are rare in usa too-only volkswagen has a diesel car on u.s.
market today.
many of those cars you listed are avalible in the u.s. also.
renault logan and chevy niva are not avalible in u.s.
thanks for posting the good info serega.
spasibo.

rossjools

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:39 am Post subject: How do Russians see Australia. Reply with quote

Very Happy, Just wondering how Australia is thought of in Russia. I find that attitudes here towards Russia are slowly changing. Russia is one of the overseas countries I'd like to visit, especially to visit the Moscow Motor Show and the MAKS aeroshow. If it were possible I would also like to visit Togliatti while I was there. Another attracton I'd like to spend a few hours (or days) at is the Hermitage Museum.

Cheers,
Ross.
Lada2103

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

What do russians think about west-european Lada-drivers? I met some russian tourists driving a Lada 2115 and I had the feeling that they gave me a strange look when they saw me driving a Lada 2105 Smile
Lada & Korean Parts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ross,

i think you would really enjoy st.petersberg.
was their for the motor show few years ago for the unveiling of the new chevy niva,great place.

after all the stories you hear about russia,i was really surprised how clean it was,just plenty of cigarette butts,and the thing we did find a bit disgusting was every 2nd person seemed to be spitting on the footpath,just had to watch your step.

visited the hermitage,was great,as well as peter the greats summer & winter palaces etc.etc.etc.
(and you would have to visit the museum,can't remember the name of it,but it had things from a unborn babies to mammoths)

www.ladaparts.com andrew@ladaparts.com
ladausa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - the curiosities museum you visited is called Kunstkamera - here's a link to their web site - http://www.kunstkamera.ru/en/

St. Petersburg is my favorite city in Russia - even though I was born and raised in Moscow. It truly is the "Northern Venice" (and I've been to the real Venice and can compare Smile )
Serega

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: How do Russians see Australia. Reply with quote

rossjools wrote:
Very Happy, Just wondering how Australia is thought of in Russia. I find that attitudes here towards Russia are slowly changing. Russia is one of the overseas countries I'd like to visit, especially to visit the Moscow Motor Show and the MAKS aeroshow. If it were possible I would also like to visit Togliatti while I was there. Another attracton I'd like to spend a few hours (or days) at is the Hermitage Museum.

Cheers,
Ross.

Welcome to Russia! If you will be in Russia I advise to visit lake Baikal and peninsula Kamchatka. The attitude to Australia at Russian same as well as to Canada. Even it is better. All former colonies of England have one status in opinion of Russian. That I know about Australia: a kangaroo, a duck-bill, front protection against a kangaroo at auto trucks and off-road cars, an opera in Sydney, automobile trains. Many know about Australia from a cinema " the Crocodile of Dundee ". Many are not known that capital not by Sydney - Canberra.
Serega

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Lada2103 wrote:
What do russians think about west-european Lada-drivers? I met some russian tourists driving a Lada 2115 and I had the feeling that they gave me a strange look when they saw me driving a Lada 2105 Smile

Quite right. Forgive but Russian a kind of the western person on LADA, moreover such old will count you as madman. In Russia 2105 very much it is not prestigious.
Smile
Serega

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Lada & Korean Parts wrote:
hey ross,

i think you would really enjoy st.petersberg.
was their for the motor show few years ago for the unveiling of the new chevy niva,great place.

after all the stories you hear about russia,i was really surprised how clean it was,just plenty of cigarette butts,and the thing we did find a bit disgusting was every 2nd person seemed to be spitting on the footpath,just had to watch your step.

visited the hermitage,was great,as well as peter the greats summer & winter palaces etc.etc.etc.
(and you would have to visit the museum,can't remember the name of it,but it had things from a unborn babies to mammoths)

Unfortunately in Russia it is accepted to throw dust directly on under legs. Why that is difficult to inform much a stub up to a urn. In Russia there would be no laws which it have forbidden. It is a shame to me with that that at you такиое impression about Russia. If you would visit Samara you horrified. The city with 3 billion dollars of the budget is dirtied by dust and with the destroyed roads. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Lada & Korean Parts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ladausa wrote:
Andy - the curiosities museum you visited is called Kunstkamera - here's a link to their web site - http://www.kunstkamera.ru/en/

St. Petersburg is my favorite city in Russia - even though I was born and raised in Moscow. It truly is the "Northern Venice" (and I've been to the real Venice and can compare Smile )

THANKS FOR THAT.

I HAVEN'T BEEN ANYWHERE ELSE IN RUSSIA,BUT ST.PETERSBURG FELT REALLY GOOD.

YOU HEAR A LOT OF STORIES,WATCH OUT FOR THIS,WATCH OUT FOR THAT,THE MAFIA ETC.,BUT HAD NO PROBLEMS.

AFTER SEEING PROGRAMMES OF RUSSIA ON TV,YOU EXPECT TO SEE LITTLE LADIES WEARING BANDANAS AND A BELARUS TRACTOR UNDER EACH ARM,BUT WHEN YOU GET THEIR,MOST OF THE RUSSIAN WOMEN YOU SEE ARE ACTUALLY VERY BEAUTIFUL..........

I'D GO BACK TOMORROW IF I COULD........

www.ladaparts.com andrew@ladaparts.com
Serega

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you? Ask questions. I wait! Very Happy
talk what you think about Russia.
porschev812

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think it is interesting that there are a few ladas in the u.s.a.?
i collect russian made radios and electronics,i have got some shipped to
the u.s.a. from these cities:
-moscow, russia
-lvov, ukraine
-donesk,ukraine
-chisnau,moldova
Serega

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

porschev812 wrote:
Do you think it is interesting that there are a few ladas in the u.s.a.?
i collect russian made radios and electronics,i have got some shipped to
the u.s.a. from these cities:
-moscow, russia
-lvov, ukraine
-donesk,ukraine
-chisnau,moldova

Very much interesting that there are a few ladas in the u.s.a.! I too can to you that be to send.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Questions and general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: