Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

1986 Lada 21063 - From Vladimir to Indiana
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
iiihhaaa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! My name is Dima, i live in Russia.

Я вижу на фото, что ваши задние фонари от старости потеряли цвет. У меня есть 2 новых фонаря. Я могу прислать вам их бесплатно. Есть ещё немного запчастей, могу их выслать тоже.

eL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, got here accidentally from the nonauto-related web-site (just some fun/entertainment stuff), which has posted your story, appreciates and respects your efforts with the whole idea Smile

iiihhaaa wrote:

Я вижу на фото, что ваши задние фонари от старости потеряли цвет. У меня есть 2 новых фонаря. Я могу прислать вам их бесплатно. Есть ещё немного запчастей, могу их выслать тоже.

Will just translate the message above for your easier reference:
This man has noticed your back lights got faded due to good age. He has a couple of news ones and can send those for free. He also has a few other parts that can be also delivered if you're interested. Pic is there.
gblackwo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Дима, Да, я знаю мой фонари потеряли цвет Sad. Это большой проект, но у меня были планы купить новые фонари. Наверно из интернета но не знаю откуда. Может быть, я могу купить от вас. Где вы живете в России?

eL., What website posted the story? I'd love to see it.
gblackwo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, was it on vkontakte? http://vk.com/wall-22558194_98526?&offset=0
iiihhaaa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

gblackwo wrote:
Дима, Да, я знаю мой фонари потеряли цвет Sad. Это большой проект, но у меня были планы купить новые фонари. Наверно из интернета но не знаю откуда. Может быть, я могу купить от вас. Где вы живете в России?

eL., What website posted the story? I'd love to see it.

Зачем покупать? Я пришлю вам их совершенно бесплатно. Просто сообщите мне адрес куда высылать. Я живу в Москве.
моя почта iiihhaaa@gmail.com

ваша история за последние несколько дней обошла много сайтов в российском интернете))
ladausa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the shamelessly stolen story:

http://samsebeskazal.livejournal.com/210009.html
tolich

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ladausa wrote:
shamelessly stolen

What about the link below "the shamelessly stolen story":

Все фото и история с форума американских тазоводов

?
gblackwo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Dennis, http://samsebeskazal.livejournal.com/210009.html, did not only translate the import, but he made a story out of it. He made it something unique. I can now find that story on a bunch of other websites that did not cite Dennis's work.

I do not think anyone meant to imply Dennis shamelessly stole the story from ladausa.net.
ladausa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

tolich wrote:
ladausa wrote:
shamelessly stolen

?

And? Did anyone ask for permission to repost this information? No. Just because you link back to the original, doesn't mean you didn't steal the story.

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean... It's just I only found out about this story by looking at the traffic logs. It's nice to get a heads-up if someone wants to use any of the LadaUSA content.
Mike_Indigo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Didn't ever think, that any American would like to buy a 21063.
Are you sure about little amount of rust? It usually starts from inside of body panels; if I were you, I'd pay attention to driver's door and front left wing (seem to be crashed in previous life?)

Will be glad to see you at http://vaz-2106.ru , there we already have one guy from LA with 1974 FIAT 124 Sedan Special TC

Good luck and best wishes!
Airness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi here!

It's a really interesting project! Amazing! It's a very interesting to watch how someone from US loves USSR cars Smile

I live in Ukraine and also have post-USSR car called ZAZ Tavria Smile

As for your project, I have a auto parts market near my work and can help you with the spares if you need. I can do it for you for free (you need to pay only for spares + shipping cost) or can try to find something in original condition here.

My email is airnes@yandex.ru or skype his_airnes.

Thank you for the your project, it's great!

p/s Sorry for my English, I'm just learning Smile)
Steve Works

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a Lada for years at home (in Romania). I would love to get one to Canada but I can't find the right customs broker. Would you recommend this company: http://www.w2c.ca/customs-training-montreal.html ?
33rus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am thinking of next import in January and for the first time to Canada (previously only US as you can see). Haven't heard of this company but will contact them. I'd need a broker too.
gblackwo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a general misunderstanding regarding customs brokers: they are there to do your paperwork, and handle your bonds- that is pretty much it.

I have had several people think that the customs broker was the magic glue that ties the whole import process together, and they simply aren't.

During my import, I had a broker in Russia, and a broker in the US. The domestic customs broker really can't do much until you are getting your bill of lading, which means you've already made your shipping arrangements (with a shipping company) and have loaded a vehicle onto a ship.

So, if you think you need a customs broker, you better already have a shipping company and are about to actually load something on a ship.
Madboost35

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

gblackwo wrote:
There is a general misunderstanding regarding customs brokers: they are there to do your paperwork, and handle your bonds- that is pretty much it.

I have had several people think that the customs broker was the magic glue that ties the whole import process together, and they simply aren't.

During my import, I had a broker in Russia, and a broker in the US. The domestic customs broker really can't do much until you are getting your bill of lading, which means you've already made your shipping arrangements (with a shipping company) and have loaded a vehicle onto a ship.

So, if you think you need a customs broker, you better already have a shipping company and are about to actually load something on a ship.

Heres the problem though, its not all the same for everyone. Im in the process of importing a 1990 Volga 24-10 currently car is in moscow paid for and my friend has it parked at a paid garage. With igors help i got a hold of his broker wich will be doing my paperwork once the car makes its way to St petersburg. Im now facing a problem with atlantic RO-Ro. They want my Us broker to write them an email stating that the car is legal to import...whaat? I emailed and pasted a Us Customs website on FAQs about importing a car where it clearly states that its legal. The atlantic company writes back and says "well noted we still need them to write us" i call the customs broker here he says i will not state in writing that there will be no problems with customs or this car is legal because i've never seen it. I will do your paper work but i need a bill of landing. Which i cannot get at the moment. Rolling Eyes Its been a very interesting long and pain in the butt process to say the least.
I will advise anyone that thinks of using igor to import a car...do it! dont try this yourself the headaches are not worth it.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: