Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Dealer installed AC in Canadian Ladas

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tsar Zhiguli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:53 am Post subject: Dealer installed AC in Canadian Ladas Reply with quote

I heard some where (a certain Lada forum..) that Lada Canada (or woz it individual dealerships?) installed some air conditioning systems in Lada vehicles. Does anybody know anything about this, any one got an example kicking around? What I would like to know is what manufacturer & model of AC was used, and were they ever used in the Niva? Also was this AC system used in western vehicles and potentially easier to find when raiding the junkyard?

Of course with temps shooting up to four gazillon degrees in the past few days has got me thinking about an AC for the Niva...

My scrounging & scavenging cousins who prowl around Western Manitoba's fields (and junkyards) will be furnished this info and if they find something...

thanks in adavance

DeLorean_4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never found (or heard of) any Ladas with A/C in Canada.
If A/C was installed, it was inevitably done so at the dealership, and most likely using domestic parts.

If what applied to my Skoda also applies to Lada, then a Canadian-market "luxury" option would have been sourced from a GM or AMC/Renault vehicle.
crb247

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Canadian Lada model that i am aware of with A/C was the Sagona sedan and i think it was a dealer deal.

Send Madman a message. He has/had an A/C compressor on his Niva for On-Board Air. It wouldn't take much to copy his mounting bracket. Only trouble is finding space in the cabin for the evaporator.

OR............ Razz

'96 Samara purple-ish (grimace) *sold pending pickup*
mvaz2101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take a look to this hungar site http://zsiguli.hu/index.php?action=menu&id=347

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: