Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

2104 that I currently drive :)

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
33rus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:17 am Post subject: 2104 that I currently drive :) Reply with quote

This is 1990 Zhiguli 2104 with a weak 1300 cc engine:) Especially you feel it around modern cars, especially in Russia where driving like crazy is a norm. Not to say that I don't like it though:) Trying to keep up with those cars in the city is not easy. On the highway I don't even try:) This car has been purchased new by my friend's father and he remained its only owner until he died, after that his neighbour bought the car but did not drive it much, so for the last 3 years its been sitting in a garage. I started driving it in December (so almost a month now). Lots(!) of work has been done to it, as its not been used for so long. While I'm here, I think I'll be driving it (I'm renting, not owning). However, in winter time this car behaves itself terribly:) Rear wheel drive always requires presence of two heavy passengers in the back seat to drive in the snow and ice. Sometimes I even think of taking it with me, but after another case of finding myself stuck on a plain icy-snowy surface not able to move at all, I swear as hell and say to myself - Never!Smile It is my first winter on a RWD car, especially Russian car and in Russia. This car's first winter too. Fun-fun-fun...

lalunette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome !!

Always nice to see another 2104 on the forum !!

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: