Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

My New 1995 Lada Niva

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides
View previous topic :: View next topic
FLAJager

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:22 pm Post subject: My New 1995 Lada Niva Reply with quote

Here's where I'm posting pictures of my new 1995 Lada Niva that I purchased in Calgary:

[url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/pajager/sets/72157644489547465/[/url]

It's a 1600, in a 1700 body and so far, I haven't done much, except pull out the dead alternator, which I'll replace with the a new one from Europe just as soon as it arrives. Then I'll start working through all of the other stuff that I'd like to do to it and I'll keep updated the flickr album as I proceed.

Jager

motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:00 pm Post subject: lada nivea Reply with quote

could this be the red one from Okotoks A 350 chev 1 wire alternator will fit easily with some creative bracket making 101 skills, provides 85 amps, is cheap, reliable, available on sunday at Canadian tire, for much less than the lesser quality original.... Cool mine never let me down.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FLAJager

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I bought it in Calgary and there's no indication that it was ever Red.

The alternator is installed and now that the weather has improved, I'm busily removing parts and completing additional orders for replacement items, like lights and what not.
88formula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the red one from okotoks!
motorhomemikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm Post subject: Okotoks Niva Red Reply with quote

good job... It looked like a sweet deal..plans?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadaLand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet ride
88formula

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's been over a year now. I picked up my red unit from okotoks. Put a LADA work into it. Go camping and adventuring out in the boonies. AND it's a daily driver now, and runs like a champ!!!

FLAJager, you say your from calgary, I'm wondering where abouts? I'm in red deer and have a find with a white 94 niva. ( The red deer lada club consists of the 2 of us)
I will be moving to calgary soon too, I did the waiparous trail with a co worker and the land Rover club, maybe the 3 of us could go for an adventure some time? Maybe there is more than the 3 of us??? A find of mine living in calgary said she saw a white niva with a roof rack on it, could it have been you??
Grizzly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. What are your plans?
FLAJager

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:35 pm Post subject: Sta Reply with quote

I apologize for the lateness of my reply. My poor Lada has been waiting patiently and I've been neglecting her in favor of my new wife.

Anyway, I did disassemble the front brakes last year to free a stuck caliper and this past weekend I did some work pulling out the interior and removing the wiring. I'm hoping to have it ready to go to a metal shop where I'll have some metal work done before sand blasting and painting. I'm going to leave the interior free of any and all trim and I'll build a small and simple dashboard with only the essentials. This way, I can easily access everything and make any necessary repairs quickly. I'll also replace all of the wiring with a custom wiring harness with waterproof covers, so that I can simply wash the interior out with a hose when it gets dirty. The interior and lower exterior will be painted spray-on bed liner, to make clean-up easier.

When I'm done, I plan on using it for weekend escapes to the mountains for camping and hunting. I'll drive it to locations within a couple hours, otherwise I'll tow it to the trail head. I'm really looking forward to getting it fixed up and ready for adventure.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Your rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: