Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

Trailer hitches

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada?
View previous topic :: View next topic
gogmorgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:31 pm Post subject: Trailer hitches Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased (if so where?) or fabricated a North American style two-inch receiver hitch?
For the sake of usefulness, I want to add a hitch. While I could simply order the phallic european-style from Lada Power or other sources, like this one:

for convenience I'd much rather get a two-inch square receiver on there. Greater availability of attachments without having to ship everything from Europe, much more convenient for North Americans.
I saw this on one locally, what I'm looking to do, but I don't quite remember how it's mounted. I'm pretty sure it was just welded directly to the bumper tubes, and I'm not sure how much I trust them for pulling.

If I had to guess, I'd say I'd likely use it more often for a recovery point than actually towing, and I can pretty well guarantee I'd never pull anything over 3000 lbs. But those Euro phalli just won't do it for me. I just want a good old-fashioned class-III receiver on there.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Technical Information - Do you need help with your Lada? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: