Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index Lada USA Discussion Board
International Lada Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LadaUSA Store

The "Hijacking" thread

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic
crb247

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:23 pm Post subject: The "Hijacking" thread Reply with quote

I just figured i would give you all a place, to tell people to fluff off to if you get worried there is too much off topic banter on your your own threads... ENJOY!! Wink
'96 Samara purple-ish (grimace) *sold pending pickup*

ladausa
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if we have to leave Eddy's thread alone...

Anyhow - I was in Costa Rica for a 10 day vacation a few weeks ago - we were in Guanacaste, near Liberia for most of the trip - took a little day tour into Nicaragua. Saw two 2105s and a Moskvich in Nicaragua - didn't see any Russian cars in Costa Rica. I was in Costa Rica once before - that time in Puerto Limon.

So I don't spend ALL my time in and around Chicago Smile
crb247

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

although a quick trip into the windy can turn into an all day traffic mess Wink
porschev812

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was last in chicago back in '77,-used ride with my dad as he drove
truck all over the u.s., he wasn't supposed to have kids in the truck but
i could get into the storage compartment under the sleeper via a route
that went under the passenger seat-there was a heater blower in the
way but i could just slip past it-i was instructed to hide out in that
compartment if needed,LOL
lalunette

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

porschev812 wrote:
I was last in chicago back in '77,-used ride with my dad as he drove truck all over the u.s., he wasn't supposed to have kids in the truck but i could get into the storage compartment under the sleeper via a route that went under the passenger seat-there was a heater blower in the
way but i could just slip past it-i was instructed to hide out in that
compartment if needed,LOL

LOL

And I thought only ships had stowaways. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.
crb247

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to sneak the oldest boy past the guard shack at the paper mill all the time by having him lay by the rear wall on the upper bunk where they couldn't see him Razz that came to an end when they started actually doing cab checks tho Sad
crb247

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuation of the political discussion from the Signet thread

Everyone LOVES politicians!!! Rolling Eyes
crb247

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not big for politics.. BUT... Having not much else to listen to out on the highway (THANK THE OMNI-POTENT BEINGS) I have Sirius/XM satellite where you can turn to all music stations that are just that.

A couple notes of issue...

Whatever happened to the separation of church and state that is enshrined in law? (just a sidebar)

I think McCain (while shocking as it is) picked a poor choice in candidate for VP as in the words of the Immortal Bubba The Love Sponge (btls.com) QUOTE "If he takes a Grabber.. She's in!"

I'm not trying to be one sided on the issue but he (McCain) is too enshrined in the "good ol' boys" political system to be able to change the direction the US is heading.... A Fed that blatantly REFUSES to acknowledge that the Country is mired in a sh!tstorm of financial trouble and sliding downhill fast! What the country needs is someone that has had to work, and work HARD to achieve the position they hold.

When the entire fate of the election comes down to three things it gives you a much greater understanding of the seething foundation of the countries populous.. Though not for everyone but for a lot more than you would think.

These things are
- Organized Religion (including the associated topics like abortion, Gay rights etc...)
- Race
- The (so called) "War on Terror" although they stopped calling it a War on terror and just refer to it as "IRAQ" now

It's funny how different yet the same both our countries are.. I spend a lot of time in both.

Canada has more liberal policies currently in effect.. It's killing the current Harper government because of the Minority status... in effect there is not much they can change without it getting shot down before fruition.

Blind-siding the Canadian population with another election, while we are currently saturated to capacity with coverage of what's going on with the neighbors could be considered a sneaky attempt to put one past us while we are already overloaded with political BS as most of us watch US based programming and get very little in the way of Canadian content.

It's a case of "They haven't rocked the boat so they can't be THAT bad" but the information that gets leaked out about Harpers idea's for Healthcare and Energy policy cast grave shadows over our future. The problem it seems to be is the usual NON-Transparency of his so called "Transparent government" means it is weeks.. even months before we can get down to the bottom of what's going on, by which time some other World tragedy pulls the ratings hungry news media off topic and the answers gets buried unless you look for it.

As for the US.. I hope they can pull themselves together and make a decision based on what's best for the Country... Just listen to the speeches by both candidate's with no video and tell me who you think is the best person for the job!!!

I think I have typed enough BS to confuse the masses.

Chow for now
ABTOBA3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued from the other thread about McCain: I agree with Putin about the Bush administration supplying the Georgians with arms, to frighten the US public about another non-existent threat (Russia), and get them to vote for McCain at the elections.

Im not a big Putin supporter, but he really hits the nail on the head about Bush and McCain. They are both terrified the center of the world's economy is shifting east, and they'll do anything now to slow it down to America's economic advantage.

Anyway, enough of my conspiracy thoughts. Smile If John McCain gets elected, he should authorize that Ladas now be sold in the USA. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If McCain gets elected, I'll be glad to be Canadian, and I'll seriously consider moving abroad if he screws around with my beautiful country and its economy. New Zealand or somewhere in Europe would be nice.
lalunette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

crb247 wrote:

It's a case of "They haven't rocked the boat so they can't be THAT bad" but the information that gets leaked out about Harpers idea's for Healthcare and Energy policy cast grave shadows over our future. The problem it seems to be is the usual NON-Transparency of his so called "Transparent government" means it is weeks.. even months before we can get down to the bottom of what's going on

How right you are... and this from a government who promised to be transparent!!!

As for what is leaking out... positively scary !!! No wonder Bush and his cronies like Harper so much !!!

One thing I can never stress enough is that the current Conservative minority government in Canada is not your grandfather's Conservatives.

No way !!!

These guys are conservatives in name only. What they are are redneck antifederalist neo-conservatives wackjobs !!! The core of the party is made up of past Reform and Alliance cronies who merged with the Conservatives so as to fool the electorate.

Remember, Harper and his cronies are graduates of the so-called "Calgary School" of neo-conservatism that believes in the ideology of Leo Strauss, who "had a profound antipathy to both liberalism and democracy, his disciples have gone to great lengths to conceal the fact. And for the most part they have succeeded (...) This picture of Strauss as the great American patriot, who was a lover of freedom and democracy is pure fabrication. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The trouble with the Straussians is that they are compulsive liars. But it is not altogether their fault. Strauss was very pre-occupied with secrecy because he was convinced that the truth is too harsh for any society to bear; and that the truth-bearers are likely to be persecuted by society specially a liberal society because liberal democracy is about as far as one can get from the truth as Strauss understood it."

http://www.harperindex.ca/ViewArticle.cfm?Ref=005

http://evatt.labor.net.au/publications/papers/112.html

"Strauss's disciples have inherited a superiority complex as well as a persecution complex. They are convinced that they are the superior few who know the truth and are entitled to rule. But they are afraid to speak the truth openly, lest they are persecuted by the vulgar many who do not wish to be ruled by them."

In the coming Canadian election I urge Canadians to prevent Harper's neo-conservatives from achieving a majority. That would indeed be a giant step backwards for Canada.

And the ads featuring Harper??? I feel like throwing up every time I see or hear one. He is portraying himself as a "family man", an ordinary Canadian... poppycock !!!

The only way he won a minority government in the last election is that he had a gag order on all his candidates so nothing embarassing or right-wing could leak out, like they did in the previous election where, every few days, a former Reform or Alliance candidate would speak out and say something either racist, stupid or simply so right-wing that the media was having a field day.

Here endeth the rant !!!

A bad day working on the Lada is better than a good day at work.

Post new topicReply to topic Lada USA Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: